HR Works is currently recruiting for a HR Generalist for our client in Victor, NY. This is a full-time direct hire placement.
This company offers the full range of services needed to define, start and complete the journey to high-powered B2B commerce. They bring the business and technology elements necessary to ensure that the best resources are fully leveraged - and they add what may be missing to make the transition.
This role plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing some or all of the following responsibilities:
• Reviews current State and Federal employment law practices and ensures HR compliances are in place.
• Reviews client’s human resources processes and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Delivers performance coaching and training; partners with managers throughout the disciplinary process.
• Investigates harassment and other complaints.
Data Tracking and Record-keeping:
• Keeps records of applicant flow and new hire demographics for governmental reporting purposes.
• Keeps records of insurance coverage, pension plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
• Tracks HR expenses and provides input to the budget for human resources operations.
Benefits and Compensation Administration:
• Administers all benefit plans including enrollment, record-keeping, resolving employee issues, compliance testing, and verifying bills. Administers COBRA and FMLA. Works closely with Broker. Conducts employee meetings on benefit plans and coordinates other benefit communications.
• Administers compensation plan. Coordinates performance appraisal program.
• Handle company payroll input and processing.
Employment and Recruiting:
• Advertises job openings, screens and interviews candidates, completes reference and other background checks for candidates to fill vacant positions.
• Works closely with local colleges on recruiting efforts, such as RIT.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation. Ensures all required new hire paperwork is completed and filed accordingly.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• May represents organization at unemployment hearings, workers compensation and/or investigations.
• Advises employees on career development, interpretation of company policies and other aspects of the employment relationship.
• Coordinates employee events.
• Maintains knowledge and skills in human resources by reading professional publications, attending seminars, etc.
• Five (5) years progressive HR Generalist work, including Employee Relations, Recruitment, Benefits Administration and Procurement experience.
• Payroll experience.
• Current knowledge of State and Federal employment law, including experience with practical application and interpretation of.
• Strong analytical skills – able to research, analyze and make recommendations.
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, HRIS and payroll system(s) experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field strongly desired
• PHR/SPHR Certification or other related certifications desired (i.e. CEBS, CCP)
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HR Works, Inc. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard