Summary: The Human Resources Generalist provides guidance to internal customers in support of human resource policies and procedures to include employee relations, benefits, compensation, etc. The Generalist also handles in worker’s compensation issues unemployment compensation filings/appeals and interaction with various external vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist and support internal customers in the daily management of human resources.
• Effectively manage employee relations issues, investigations and conflict resolution.
• Facilitate and conduct leadership training, coaching and development for management.
• Assist in the development of talent within the organization.
• Ensure that DCS policies and procedures are consistently administered.
• Administer 401(k) in accordance with Plan Summary and accounting requirements.
• Utilize websites to include: All group insurance providers, Worker’s Compensation carrier, 401(k).
• Defend unwarranted unemployment compensation claims and subsequent appeals.
• Coordinate with worker’s compensation case handlers.
• Administer FMLA to ensure that appropriate documentation is prepared & maintained through the process. Coordinate with Short Term Disability and Workers Compensation as required.
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
• Assist in development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures and dissemination through employee communications
The H. R. Generalist is accountable for assigned regions/zones of the country. Support management in day to day supervision of staff members. Respond to all questions/inquiries from the field in a timely manner.
• Oral Communication
• High Energy
• Technical/Functional Proficiency
• Attention to detail
• Maintain confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel is required.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to five years of generalist experience including responsibility for employee relations (including but not limited to employment law, wage & hour, FMLA/ADA regulations and compliance, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Healogics - 18 months ago