Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
We are seeking a unique, highly motivated and experienced HR professional to join our growing team.
This position is responsible for coordination and administration of various HR processes companywide and will support our Buffalo office employees by providing guidance in the areas of benefits, recruitment, and new employee on boarding and employee relations. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. This role reports to the VP, Human Resources who is located in New Haven, CT. Candidate may also be involved in other areas such as, policy development and administration, benefits and compensation, and other special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience as Human Resources generalist with exposure to all aspects of Human Resources required
- Solid knowledge of current employment laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to interact effectively with all employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Human Resource Information Systems and data management a plus
- Expert Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Some travel to the New Haven, CT office
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunch
- Fun events
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...