IAC is looking for an experienced and talented HR Generalist to join the IAC Corporate HR team. While collaborating and working closely with the HR team, this role will primarily be the HR partner to one particular business located at IAC HQ. The position will have a focus on all generalist responsibilities, included but not limited to guild-related matters, compliance, payroll notifications, coordination of labor relations and some recruitment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, assertive, forward-thinker who loves a challenge, and will bring the skills and know-how to make an immediate contribution.
- Perform general HR responsibilities including but not limited to employee relations, compliance, training, and performance management.
- Process New Hire, Pay Change, Termination and related notifications to payroll.
- Manage company’s day-to-day relationship with Guild.
- Maintain editorial department employee tracking for compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Communicate with Guild regarding changes to employee details.
- Answer various employee questions related to CBA terms such as time off, various pay requirements, etc.
- Manage temporary service vendors and responsible for temporary employee and intern requests.
- Assist with the hands-on recruitment process, and help develop accurate job descriptions and salary ranges.
- Source applicants utilizing methods to obtain resumes of candidates with appropriate skills and qualifications.
- Complete background and reference checks on all candidates prior to hire.
- Complete exit interviews to identify trends and measure and track turnover data.
- Assist in other HR projects as needed.
- Create reports and presentations, as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, Human Resource Management preferred.
- 5+ year’s progressive HR experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong labor relations background in a unionized work environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and possess HRIS and ATS experience.
- Experience working in media industry preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Intellectual and emotional maturity a must.
- Demonstrated experience working with clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent relationship building skills, and the desire to provide exceptional customer service.