Title: HR Generalist
Location: Southfield, MI
HR Generalist will work as a hands-on HR resource and will design, implement, administer and evaluate corporate HR goals, programs, policies and procedures.
· Developing and updating policies and procedures.
· Making improvements to and administering internal processes such as candidate selection, on-boarding, transfers, employee relations and terminations.
· Administer and manage health benefit programs, 401(k), performance review etc.
· Ensure compliance with various federal, state, local laws and/or agencies.
· Serve as a company immigration representative working closely with immigration attorney on H-1B visas and green card processes
· Maintain Personnel files. Ensure proper documents are obtained for all employees including I-9 documentation. Conduct routine file audits to ensure files are complete and in compliance.
· Counsels employees and all levels of management on employee relations issues ensuring legal compliance with policy and laws.
· Administration of all leaves, including but not limited to FMLA, work comp disability, and other forms of leave required under state/ federal law and/ or corporate policy.
· Reviews and approves employee requests for continuing education financial assistance through the Company’s educational and certification reimbursement programs.
· Represents the Company in unemployment claim issues and attends appeal hearings if needed.
· Oversees and facilitates training and development for employees and managers through various forums such as seminars, speaker presentations and workshops as and when needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· Related Bachelor's or Master’s degree with emphasis in such areas as human resources, organizational development, international business or equivalent is preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of HR experience, including organization effectiveness, change management, talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, talent development, diversity and recruitment.
· Immigration experience preferred
· Sound knowledge of applicable employment laws, regulations, and business practices related to the field of Human Resources.
· Excellent skills in using MS Office, Outlook and experience with HRIS.
· Demonstrated ability to work consistently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to perform work and influence others across geographic and functional boundaries.
· The successful candidate must have a strategic business focus, while demonstrating strong analytic and problem solving and project management skills.
Information Gateways - 5 months ago