Human Resources Generalist
6 month contract to perm
Functional / Technical Requirements (include Education, Certifications, Training)
- The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) delivers a comprehensive range of value added Human Resources practices, programs and services for the assigned business unit. The position goal is to provide these programs and practices in a manner that makes it easy to do business, while maintaining high customer satisfaction and ensuring consistency and compliance. The Human Resources Generalist will be assist with the Human Capital (People) Strategy for a specific business client group(s) or functional organization (s). The HRG will also create and prepare diagnostics to address and understand organizational dynamics.
- Play a key role with management to assist in re-organizations and other change management initiatives (i.e. reductions in force, mergers and acquisitions and other workforce actions)
- Assist in the support and development of competency models and career/learning roadmaps for job families. Conduct competency and skill assessments
- Completes Status Change Forms (SCFs) & terminations documents (this includes completion of the forms, routing for approval & submission to HRIS).
- Responsible for generating a variety of HR-related reports.
- Schedules training sessions and administer logistics with participants, vendors and internal HR team.
- Instruct employee to log magic ticket which is routed to the HRIS team.
- Identify performance gaps for individuals and teams that could prevent the business from achieving their objectives
- Provide management with ongoing consultation and development on performance management tools and solutions.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of quarterly and annual employee performance evaluation summaries
- Assists with a variety of projects which may include: Affirmative Action Plans, Performance Reviews, etc.
- Leverage HR Benefits services.
- Responds to employee inquiries.
- Generates reports from various systems including SAP,
- Liaison EEO (staffing) and Affirmative Action Reports (staffing).
- Handles logistics for benefits open enrollment meetings and other benefit meetings.
- Maintains HR bulletin board.
- First point of contact for systems, process & policy questions (CC, SAP Self Service, Peopleclick, etc.)
- Organizational Skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Self-Directed Individual with Initiative, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management skills from concept to planning, to implementation and evaluation, strategic planning skills
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Customer Focus, Collaboration and Teamwork
- Diplomacy, Maturity and ability to keep confidences
- Customer Service skills, listening and understanding client business priorities
- Interpersonal skills, ability to give and receive constructive feedback, ability to interact and partner with people at all levels
- Flexibility, Team Orientation, ability and willingness to learn
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Clear, professional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills in MS-Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet skills.
- Strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated sense of urgency and focus.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be a team player and adapt quickly to change.
- On-site during standard working hours, Monday through Friday.
- SAP working knowledge preferred.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 + years of related Human Resources experience.
- Leadership Blueprint Competency Requirements
- Organization Commitment:
- Accountability Authenticity Communication Excellence Orientation Teamwork