The HR Generalist opportunity is based in Memphis, TN and reports to the
Regional HR Manager for the Recycling Business. This position will
provide HR support for approximately 700 employees located in 18 union-
free facilities and 2 customer service centers. This hands-on position
is an exciting opportunity for someone who desires a developmental
opportunity in HR. Applicants should be interested and prepared for
future career growth and HR leadership positions.
We are looking for a highly motivated, engaged, committed individual
that has an interest and background in Human Resources in a
The Human Resource Generalist will work collaboratively with the
Regional HR Manager and facility management providing superior human
resources services to our employees and the facility.
This position will support a broad range of human resource activities
and is a “hands on” position that requires interaction and visibility
with all levels of the organization.
• Business Partner: Act with line management in instituting work
improvements which positively impact business profitability and raise
• Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, and Diversity:
Provide training and guidance in the use of the Performance and
Development Roadmap and other people development tools. Educate, coach,
and counsel members of the organization on job performance, employee
development and diversity to build work teams that contribute to
exceeding business goals.
• Work Force Planning and recruiting for hourly and salaried
• Performance Management: Educate and coach line management on
company policies and work rules, as well as applicable federal and state
regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources
products and services and compliance with local labor agreements.
• Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of
communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely
information on business issues and employee concerns.
• Compliance training and research, implementation of human
resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is
utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively
considering new strategies.
• Work in union-free facilities and provide support to union-free
issue resolution processes, as well as reinforcement of union-free
• Champion the change management process consistent with the IP
• Special projects include year-end CSA roll-ups, MRP, MIP and PSP
eligibility and award planning, severance tracking and processing,
providing support the business Growth Strategy, etc.
• Develop SAP and other systems expertise.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 3 (5) years of multi-faceted human resources generalist
• Willing and able to work flexible hours and travel between
• Geographically flexible/mobile for future opportunities
• Project management skills, must have strong computer/analytical
• Functional/technical skills to include employee relations,
engagement, recruiting/staffing, performance management, diversity,
benefits and employee transactional records.
• Demonstrated Leadership Potential
Highly competitive candidates would have more than 5 years human
resource experience and be bilingual.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Action Oriented
• Career Ambition
• Command Skills
• Motivating others
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Strategic Agility
• Business Acumen
• Managerial Courage
• Customer Focus
• Learning on the Fly
• Organizational Agility
• Conflict Management
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Dealing with Ambiguity
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent
benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and
accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement
savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a
dynamic and proven manufacturing company.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V