- This position is responsible for handling HR responsibilities for
the Salt Lake City Division.
- Provides comprehensive safety and workers compensation support to
facilities. Performs daily proactive role in providing safe work
environment to ensure safe work habits.
- Coordinates staffing and succession planning activities ensuring
division compliance with all state, federal, and company HR / employment
policies. Ensures salaries are competitive and within organizational
- Works with managers to ensure timely completion of performance
evaluations for all division employees. Serves as a resource in
developing annual objectives and performance improvement plans.
- Coordinates employee benefit program to include health, dental,
life, and disability insurance, and retirement and savings plan. Serves
as a resource liaison to resolve problems and answer questions
concerning employee benefit matters.
- Coaches and educates managers regarding work rules, labor
principles, legal parameters and business direction to ensure fairness,
consistency and alignment with organizational direction. Ensures
management has the necessary training to remain in compliance.
- Develops yearly affirmative action plan and ensures facilities
are in compliance.
- Maintains all employee personnel files as well as records of
transfers, promotions, termination, hires, and turnover for affirmative
action and EEO purposes and ensures HRIS information on each employee is
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above.
- Must have a BA in Human Resources, Liberal Arts, or other
curriculum, or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years experience in the human resources area.
- Excellent computer (MicroSoft Office), written and verbal
- Knowledge of state, federal, and company laws, policies and
procedures relating to employee issues.
- Prefer individuals who are open to future career opportunities
that may require relocation within the organization.
- Must work effectively with multiple customers with diverse
priorities and needs in the achievement of business goals and
- Must fully understand, anticipate and define customer needs to be
- Handles multiple activities without difficulty. Can reassess
priorities quickly, finds common ground, and develops creative
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment. Must
get more done in less time than others, met deadlines, flexible to
balance conflicting priorities.
- Must invest time and energy to service multiple locations in all
aspects of human resources.
- Can present unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful
manner; Is widely trusted, is seen as a direct, truthful individual;
Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and does not misrepresent self for
personal gain. Is viewed as approachable.
- Must be willing and able to step into conflicts and facilitate a
- Remains cool under pressure; doesn’t show frustration when
resisted or blocked, is a settling influence in a crisis.
• Functional Experience/Human Resources Management Experience/3
• Technical Skills/Desktop/PC Software-Microsoft Office proficiency
• Business Knowledge/Distribution/expertise desired
• Degrees/Business Administration/Bachelor’s Degree/required
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....