The Ticonderoga Mill is located in Ticonderoga, NY. This union facility
has approximately 580 employees, 480 of which are represented by the USW
International Union. The HR Generalist reports to the HR
Manager. This position is an exciting opportunity for someone who
desires to be a change leader impacting the results for the large
business unit which they support. The successful candidate should be
prepared for HR leadership positions. The position level will vary
based upon the experience of the successful candidate.
• Business Partner: Act with line management in instituting work
system improvements which positively impact business profitability and
raise employee engagement. Help the facility build a reliability
• Leadership Development, Engagement and Diversity: educate, coach
and counsel members of the organization on job performance, employee
development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to
meeting or exceeding goals. Recruit hourly and salary employees using
Pre-Employment selection processes and college recruiting.
• Work systems: Identify training and education needs and initiate
cost effective delivery systems to meet those needs.
• Educate and coach line management on company policy work rules,
as well as applicable federal and state regulations to ensure fair and
consistent delivery of human resources products and services and
compliance with local labor agreements.
• Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of
communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely
information on business issues and employee concerns.
• Research and introduce human resources best practice concepts to
ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources
technology and proactively considering new strategies.
• Represent management in labor relations, including
interpretation, administration and negotiation support of collective
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 7 or more years of multi-faceted human resources generalist
experience preferred. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
• Labor Relations experience strongly preferred
1. Action Oriented
2. Drive for Results
3. Managerial Courage
4. Customer Focus
5. Learning on the Fly
6. Organizational Agility
7. Conflict Management
8. Interpersonal Savvy
11. Standing Alone
12. Hiring and Staffing
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
International Paper - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....