An Iron Bow Human Resources Generalist performs HR related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment, allegations, and civil right complaints.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Support recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, writes and places advertisements.
- May handle relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations concerning employment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS ( DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills desired.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills with emphasis on probing and listening for understanding.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable of government contracts business practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum two years of Deltek Oracle experience.
- Minimum two years in Government Contracting environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of HR experience.
- PHR/SPHR Certification desired.
- There is up to 10% of travel required for this position.
CODE OF ETHICS
- Iron Bow offers a competitive benefits package, which includes excellent medical and dental benefits, and a 401k plan with matching. Conditions of employment
- All applicants receiving an offer of employment will be required to complete an Iron Bow application and sign a disclosure and authorization form for a background investigation. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Iron Bow background investigation which may include a criminal check, education and employment verifications and for some positions a credit check. In addition Iron Bow participates in the E-verify employment verification program.
- Iron Bow is an equal opportunity employer committed to support family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). this regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
- Iron Bow is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and in accordance with the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct and Responsibility. Iron Bow employees are expected to comply and to assist the company in complying with each of these obligations.
- The purpose of the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Responsibility is to state the principles of business ethics and conduct that Iron Bow requires all employees to follow in dealings on behalf of Iron Bow with the government, the general public, customers, suppliers, competitors, and fellow employees
- As employees, consultants or representatives of Iron Bow, we will treat one another fairly and with dignity and mutual respect
Ironbow Technologies - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -