Primary Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for performing a variety of HR functions including HRIS administration, compliance, team member relations, and benefit administration. The HR Generalist will work with leadership and team members in an effort to ensure a high performance workplace and culture of accountability. This position will also effectively perform HR administration tasks, including drafting documents, presentations, spreadsheets, reports and record keeping.
Human Resources Manager, MAG Retail Group
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Team Member Relations
- Payroll & Recruiting Support
- Record Keeping
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance related to the performance of leaders and team members by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counseling.
- Maintain records and ensure that the company is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA.
- Train team members on topics such as Sexual Harassment, Progressive Discipline, Diversity, and general company policies in order to maintain with a fair and consistent workplace.
- Prepare and process human resources documents involving policy, procedures, new hires, benefits, payroll status, leave of absence, and termination.
- Serve as the backup and provide assistance in the areas of the recruitment process, benefit administration, FMLA, Safety & Worker’s Compensation, training, and payroll as needed.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and services.
- Provide proactive HR support and execution in all business initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of organizational and policy change activities as appropriate in response to team member feedback.
- Assist with the implementation and facilitation of performance management programs and procedures.
Educational and Experience Requirements
A 4 year degree is preferred for this position. A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in Human Resources Generalist capacity is necessary. Must have an understanding of people and a sense of fairness and consistency. Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written; competent organizational skills; and effective interpersonal skills. Previous payroll experience is required. Experience with ADP is preferable.
Other Special Requirements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and implement resolutions to problems.
- Previous experience in Team Member Relations, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Safety/Workers Compensation, and HRIS is required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other software programs required. Previous experience with ADP, on-line benefit enrollment, and HRIS systems is preferable.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, planning, training, and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to interface at all levels within the organization.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within deadlines.