Summary / Purpose
Independently provide support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, wage and salary administration, benefits administration,
organizational development, training, AA/EEO, and special projects. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in
conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Support in all functional areas
• Employee relations – Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Coaches/consults with
managers and employees on issues including: performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. Coordinates all employee activities/programs. Interprets and complies with all state and federal laws.
• Compensation – Monitors and approves applicable salary increases; checks to see that they are within guidelines. Conducts preliminary job analysis and creates job descriptions of non-benchmark positions through a job evaluation process.
• Benefits – Communicates and interprets all benefit changes and policies. Educates associates about their benefits and coordinates open enrollment periods. Researches and resolves associate’s benefit problems and questions.
• Recruitment/Selection – Assists managers in conducting needs analysis. Tracks open positions. Sources candidate from both internal and external sources. Interviews and screens candidates for open positions. Expedites and coordinates internal
• HRIS Reporting – Compiles statistical reports for departments. Has working knowledge of many software packages.
• Project Management – Participates in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• Three to five years experience in HR Specialist capacity required.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Jabil Circuit - 15 months ago
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...