Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in a defined area. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies.
1. Establishes self as 'go to' HR person for managers and employees in assigned territory. Develops effective working relationships with local management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
2. Works in partnership with local management on various employment matters including Performance Management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities such as: Vision Week, Ethics/Integrity Training, the Employee Survey, the Performance Reviews and Goal Setting process, etc. May take lead and Project Manage initiatives as needed.
3. Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Seeks counsel from Legal as necessary to ensure proper risk management. Elevates maters to the Regional HR Operations Director or other appropriate authority as may be appropriate. May set strategy and represent the Company at Unemployment Hearings.
4. Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies. Shares 'need to know' information with managers to help improve their supervisory effectiveness and to avoid problems.
5. Per the direction of the BE Compliance Director, prepares Affirmative Action Plans for facilities within assigned geography. Shares goals and expectations of supervisors to progress towards goals.
6. Partners with HR Coordinators to process employment transactions (hires, transfers, equity adjustments, promotions, etc) and to acquire employee data reflecting employment trends/progress towards key initiatives or expectations.
7. May deploy training to inform or assist employees/managers on job related activities, policies or best practices.
8. Participates in the interview process for area openings if so requested by Hiring Manager. Coordinate day one activities for new employee on-boarding following a prescribed checklist. Initiate relocation if needed.
9. Provides input for process/policy improvement.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field (or equivalent work experience)
At least 4 years experience in HR Generalist and/or support roles
SHRM Certification (PHR, SPHR) desired.
Johnson Controls - 6 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...