· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, 401K programs, leave of absence and employee assistance. Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and work to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. Provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Works closely with Safety department. Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. A
· Administers benefits plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Maintains records of benefits participation, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations. Employee statistics for government reporting. Serves as primary Benefits Administrator for company.
· Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees.
· Manages annual open enrollment meetings on an annual basis. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
· Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
· Provides continuous benefits communication to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to benefits plans. Refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed. Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with carrier representatives. Acts as a resource to employees and management to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
· Assist with recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions as needed.
· Prepares annual government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
· Works closely with all employees.
· Works closely with direct Manager and Jones-Blair Management team.
· B achelor’s Degree and three to five years related experience. Five-eight years’ experience with progressive responsibilities may be substituted in lieu of education.
Three to Five years work experience involving:
· Benefits Administration.
· Leave Programs Administration.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· HRIS/HRMS experience-ADP, MSO applications
· Ability to speak, read, and translates fluent Spanish.
· Must be knowledgeable with current Employment Law. Must be able to provide leadership and direction in solving difficult problems requiring cooperation and a positive attitude among multiple points of contact; including but not limited to: benefit carriers, employees, and members of management.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
· Work with employees at all levels.
PLANNING, ANALYSIS, PROBLEM SOLVING, CREATIVE THNKING
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group solving situations; Uses reasoning abilities even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; set goals and objectives.
· Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected changes.
· Must be able to follow instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments, Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WORK ENVIRONMENT
· T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· May include lifting up to 10 pounds for files, benefit booklets, or computer printouts on occasion.
· The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Jones Blair - 14 months ago