Position: HR Generalist
Reporting to: CEO and Managing Partner
Kaleidoscope is currently seeking a highly motivated and hands-on HR Generalist to provide human resource support for the company’s 60-person Chicago office. This role will be responsible for all day-to-day generalist activities including:
- Managing the company-wide goal setting program
- Developing a talent acquisition and retention program
- Managing employee relations and cultural alignment
- Developing a non-conventional team based rewards program
- Developing training programs to support HR initiatives
1. Partner and advise the leadership team in driving the strategy and implementation of various HR programs and initiatives to achieve business success.
2. Provide HR support to employees and managers across the organization.
3. Develop an understanding of Kaleidoscope’s business and culture and adapt HR best practices accordingly.
4. Consult with managers and other stakeholders on a variety of projects including:
- Developing formal job descriptions
- Creating a skills inventory for current staff
- Developing career paths for all positions within the organization
- Finding, hiring and selecting (talent acquisition)
- Talent retention (mentoring & training programs, career path, reward programs and incentives)
- Developing and managing a program for freelance creative
1. Partner with the CEO to develop HR best practices.
2. Work directly with Kaleidoscope’s labor attorney on legal issues.
3. Partner with Leadership to drive a high performance culture and cultivate strong team morale.
4. Partner with leadership to identify organizational opportunities.
5. Act as an advisor to staff by listening, providing counsel, gathering feedback, and responding to employee relations matters in a timely manner.
6. Make compensation recommendations to hiring managers, extend employment offers and ensure background check procedures are followed.
7. Oversee the on-boarding of new hires and assist managers with coordinating training.
8. Assist employees with basic benefit questions or concerns, enlisting the aid of external HR Benefit partners when necessary.
9. Ensure adherence to applicable governmental regulations and contractual obligations.
10. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
The qualified candidate knows and applies fundamental and contemporary human resources concepts, practices, and procedures and has strong business acumen. This individual has the ability to respond independently to moderately complex inquiries, as well as:
1. 5-7 years related experience in a Human Resources Generalist role.
2. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
4. Experience working in a small to medium sized organization preferred.
5. Ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan and prioritize tasks.
6. Ability to prioritize projects/tasks in order to meet multiple deadlines.
7. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
8. Strong problem solving skills.
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
10. Excellent organizational skills with a strong focus on detail.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Occasional travel as required.