The HR Generalists at the Roanoke Rapids, NC facility are responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following: recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee and labor relations, safety, contract interpretation, and worker’s compensation. The successful candidate should have working knowledge of HR systems (AX, SAP, UltiPro, …) and a demonstrated ability to function as resource to other departments to identify and address HR matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage daily, weekly and monthly labor issues on a timely basis in several specific assigned areas of the facility, leading or participating in the development of strategies to address issues and their negotiation and implementation. Develop personal relationships with appropriate local and international union representatives and be visible to the entire hourly workforce in a systematic way.
• Provide input, direction and appropriate challenges to the HR and Safety Manager regarding initiatives. Insure that all communications to employees are thorough and achieve their desired intent.
• Participate and contribute to the implementation of ongoing employee, leadership and HR team development and succession planning process for the hourly and salaried organization.
• Lead and manage recruiting and staffing policies and the application of those policies in insuring the facility is properly staffed with skilled hourly employees. Produce monthly manning summaries for hourly manpower. Maintain living plan for manpower optimization.
• Participate in the facilitation of the mill gain sharing plan, continually monitor and suggest improvement measures.
• Assist in the management of the worker’s compensation program to minimize costs.
• Actively participate in the mill safety function with the goal to minimize and eliminate accidents in the facility.
• Possess self-initiative to identify and anticipate client needs, assess the emotional climate of the organization, and make recommendations for changes and implementation in the hourly and salaried workforces.
• Knowledgeable of local labor laws and government requirements.
• Responsible for the administration and problem solving for all benefit programs on the local level.
• Participate in the formal engagement process in the mill, from the administration of the survey through the implementation and formulation of the team action plans that are enacted by the staff and operational areas of the mill.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Please describe the minimum level of education to be completed to perform this job at a satisfactory level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or a related discipline.
Previous Work Experience
Please describe the previous experience necessary to perform this job at a satisfactory level
• Minimum 3-5 years of progressive HR Generalist responsibility (i.e., handling employee and labor relations, employee and leadership development, coaching and counseling, contract interpretation and participation in compensation, staffing, performance management, etc.) in a unionized facility.
• Must possess strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and proven ability to apply techniques at all levels of the organization.
• Must possess self-initiative to identify and anticipate client needs, assess the emotional climate of the organization, and make recommendations for changes and implementation.
Kapstone Paper and Packaging - 20 months ago
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...