This is a key, highly visible position with significant ability to impact employee satisfaction within Kimball Electronics Jasper. In this role you are the head coach of the weekend shift. This position will interact with all levels of the organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally while developing others. The Human Resources Generalist is an existing role within Kimball Electronics Jasper. This position reports to the HR Manager. The role has responsibility as primary support for weekend shift operations.
Basic Background Requirements
This position will require:
Key Performance Objectives
- Leadership ability to influence/coach others.
- Change leader who possesses effective problem solving skills to clear the path for change. Adapts well to change.
- Generalist knowledge of HR functions (recruiting, hiring, benefits, labor law, training, FMLA administration, etc).
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Enjoys working with people, Demonstrates mutual respect, Respected for ‘living’ the Kimball Guiding Principles
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Short Term: (0 to 3 months)
Midterm / Long Term: (4 to 12 months)
- Learn and understand Kimball culture.
- Learn and understand Kimball and Kimball Electronics Jasper’s HR policies and practices.
- Learn and understand use of ADP, SAP, Virtual Edge, and KRONOS systems.
- By end of 3 rd month transition to weekend shift support role.
Skills to Perform This Role
- Assuming ownership of the HR Generalist role.
- Owning relevant communications for the weekend shifts (i.e. employee meetings, communication meetings, updates, etc.)
- Coaching supervisors and employees as needed.
- Recruit/interview for weekend shifts as needed.
- Facilitate employee engagement activities such as wellness , team activities, etc.
- Develop needed action plan and work with supervisors to various compliance needs.
- Become HRIT expert for weekend shift operations thereby owning all system updates for assigned staff.
- Participate in New Employee Orientation processes as needed. (i.e. benefits communication, Kronos enrollment, etc. )
- Participation / coordination on miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Honest and Ethical
- Able to give balanced feedback
- Motivating and inspiring
- Good Organizational skills
- Very confidential
- Team Player / Flexible / Open minded
- Takes initiative
- Able to deal with difficult situations
- Professional / Approachable
- Creative thinker
- Knowledge and understanding of Kimball’s Orientation and Benefit programs/processes
- Able to learn new computer programs
- Able to learn ADP / SAP
- Good knowledge of Human Resource Laws
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good written skills
- Able to communicate at any level in the organization
- Presentation skills
- Able to speak in front of large or small groups
- Excellent one-on-one communication skills
- Good Mentoring Skills
- Good motivator
- Good Organizational Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Good coaching / mentoring skills
- Able to lead difficult discussions
- Fair and consistent
- Good planning skills
- Sound business knowledge
- Results focused
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of KEG's business processes
- Understanding of financial impact from decision making
Our Share Owners , Kimball is committed to providing Our Share Owners an excellent return on their investment. Profits are the ultimate...