The responsibilities for this position are broad in nature and include Labor relations, employee relations, benefit administration, recruiting, on boarding, and HRIS administration.
You will utilize your knowledge of federal and state wage and labor laws and regulations to ensure compliance. Your compassion and polished communication skills, as well as solid technical knowledge, will allow you to effectively answer HR-related questions from both the staff and management. Your drive and understanding of how to assess difficult situations will ensure you are an effective coach to management and employees alike. Your PHR designation, and/or experience in manufacturing, will set you apart in the candidate pool.
Position Responsibilities :
Flexible, dependable and available to support a 3 shift manufacturing environment.
Participate in disciplinary actions process up to and including separations, and conflict resolution situations.
Work with leadership to provide advice, ensure consistency of policy application and documentation, and monitor practices to ensure compliance with the law.
Participate in the recruiting process by efficiently and effectively assists in filling open positions.
Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, resolving labor relations and employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and filing applicable Human Resources federal and state requirements and reporting to include Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
HRIS input and reporting monthly, quarterly and ad hoc metrics, reports, org charts and presentations.
Recommend new approaches, corrective actions, and updates to policies and procedures to drive effective, efficient HR service delivery. Assist with the administration and implementation of the same.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR Generalist role and experience working in a union environment
- Bachelor degree in business or related field required. PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in HRIS, Excel, Word, Visio for Org Charts, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, adapt to change, prioritize, and manage time constraints
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential
- Must have previous experience coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image
Lear Corporation - 30+ days ago
Lear doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to manufacturing automotive seats. The company's Seating business, by far...