This position will operate as part of a three person Dynamic HR team and provide HR consulting and coaching to key stakeholders for the Clinton, IA and Morris, IL manufacturing sites. The person selected to fill this role will report to the Human Resources Manager. The incumbent will function as an HR Generalist primarily responsible for performance management, employee relations, succession planning, organizational design, employee development, talent acquisition, and workforce planning. Additionally, the incumbent will partner with core HR functions, such as talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, and organizational development to develop and implement people initiatives. The incumbent will participate in project assignments as assigned.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Actively engage with the leadership team and workforce to become knowledgeable about the organization's systems, processes, structure, technology, products and markets.
- Provide employee relations support.
- Work effectively and diplomatically with all levels of the organization, from hourly technicians to management.
- Develop and demonstrate human resources consulting skills
- to influence others in which no direct line of authority exists.
Take action to ensure diversity is a part of doing business - teams, projects, meetings, and other work activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism and effective interpersonal and coaching skills, as well as a positive attitude, while responding timely and accurately to client needs.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Take purposeful and specific actions to facilitate change.
- Analyze and understand workforce demographic data in preparation for workforce strategy sessions with site leadership.
- Coordinate the site college relations program, including student co-op terms and new hires.
- Conduct new employee orientations and onboarding processes.
- Facilitate the recruitment process for hourly, non-exempt and exempt positions.
- Will require occasional travel (approx. 10%) primarily to the Morris, IL location as needed and the ability to support a continuous operating facility
Preferred Candidate :
- Bachelor degree
- A minimum of 4 years of exempt-level human resources experience in manufacturing, operations and/or a relevant industry
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Effective judgment and decision making ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and frequently heavy workloads which may require work in addition to normal working hours
- The ability and flexibility to support continuous operating manufacturing sites
Bachelor degree in Human Resources MSHR or MBA
PHR or SPHR certification
LyondellBasell is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies. The company manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com . All references to LyondellBasell refer to LyondellBasell and its subsidiaries, including Equistar Chemicals, LP, Lyondell Chemical Company or Houston Refining, LP.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical...