MEI is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electronic bill acceptors, coin mechanisms and other unattended transaction systems. Our products are currently in widespread use in the vending, soft drink, gaming, amusement, transportation, telecommunications, retail and kiosk markets. Today, MEI electronic payment systems are relied upon for more than 2 billion transactions per week in 100 countries. MEI payment systems' technology is considered the most reliable choice in hundreds of real-world applications and has earned the best performance rating in the market. Please visit
to learn more about our company.
We now have an opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for a full range of HR activities including, full life cycle recruitment, associate relations, organization design, and coaching for specific client groups within the business. This position will have business partner responsibility along with ownership of the overall recruitment process and execution for US based positions for all parts of the business. In addition, this position will manage general HR Departmental activities, including communications, compliance and continuous improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide workforce planning, talent management, associate development, communications, coaching and associate relations for client group(s) in the Americas as assigned; participate in client group meetings to get immersed in the business; resolve or direct associates to the proper channels for resolution; manage the exit interview process for terminating associates; manage the Performance Development Process
- With direction from the HR Business Partners for each specific client group, manage the recruitment process in the US; research, determine and negotiate rates and terms for search firms, advertising mediums, referral programs and other activities and tools necessary for the recruitment function to operate effectively; network within and outside of the business on a regular basis to ensure the development of a pipeline of potential candidates; determine methods to attract diverse candidates; interview candidates; determine fit relative to broad job specifications as well as culture fit; along with hiring manager, decide which candidates will continue with the process through the assessment stage; recommend salary package offer amount for candidates to receive; ensure forward momentum of the process with hiring managers and search firms; capture recruitment costs and recommend ways to be efficient and cost effective in the process
- Develop, update, and implement HR departmental activities including HR communications, HR analysis, training offerings, HR Compliance, performance management, and HR continuous improvement
The successful candidate in this role will join our team of MEI associates who work together with a common set of values that create a culture we describe as:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience required; minimum of 2 years of full life cycle recruitment and HR business partnership required
As a privately held company, MEI offers benefits that reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes:
- An informal and open business environment where associates have the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential
- A high level of associate engagement through frequent and widespread communication
- A spirit of teamwork and trust - associates supporting each other for the common good
- A meritocracy where good performance is rewarded
- A working environment where associates are treated with respect, dignity and fairness
- A business ethos where ethical behavior is simply a way of life
- A culture of continuous improvement; today should be better than yesterday, and tomorrow should be better than today
to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
- Excellent pay
- Competitive health and dental care benefit programs
- Coverage that begins on your first day of work
- One of the most generous retirement and savings plans in the nation
- A very competitive vacation plan
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. MEI is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agencies.