Under the general guidance of an HR Manager, the HR Generalist provides coaching and counseling to managers/supervisors on employee issues, serves as the first point of contact individual contributors on HR related questions and partners with the corporate subject matter experts on the implementation of company-wide employee strategies. This may include: initial intake of employee relations matters; counseling employees on internal and external training alternatives for their professional development and growth; provide metrics and analysis on employee trends within client group; and partnering with senior HR professionals for small group facilitation, focus groups, resources and tools. This role will also partner with clients to assist in identifying solutions or process improvements that align with the employee strategies for the group.
- Build partnerships between managers and leadership team. Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to gain genuine commitment.
- Manage and administer the staffing and recruiting function, including advertising, recruiting, screening, interviewing, selecting and hiring new employees.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and create on-boarding programs to foster employee engagement.
- Conduct exit interviews as appropriate and utilize information gathered to identify and address root causes of turnover.
- Remain abreast of worker’s compensation and related labor laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, etc.) and provide education to location managers/supervisors; coordinate any related situations with Employee Service Center (ESC).
- Ensure that employees understand processes and systems that enable them to be paid in a timely and accurate manner; establish accountabilities that ensure correct information is provided to ESC.
- Work with ESC Manager, PAID, and Cox Corporate Benefits to ensure that new systems and/or processes are fully implemented; support ESC with assigned location(s) and provide feedback to ESC Manager and/or Market HR Leader on any service issues that occur.
- Manage employee relations situations at assigned location(s); partner with Market HR Leader and/or HR Manager as needed to effectively resolve situations; identify trends in employee relations cases to address root cause (helping to reduce absenteeism and/or turnover); educate managers on how to handle situations more effectively.
- Support safety and security programs and link to related HR programs where applicable. Work with safety/security resource(s) to identify issues and/or trends and create HR-related responses to address any issues (e.g., enhanced hiring process, focused-training, better on-boarding, etc.).
- Partner with GM to develop overarching plan to ensure location(s) pay competitively, reward higher performers, and address internal equity issues.
- Work with all managers/supervisors to ensure that all employees receive a written performance review and that rewards are linked to these appraisals.
- Partner with management team at location to identify talent and create targeted development plans; work with Market HR Leader and/or HR Manager to identify non-training development opportunities for high potential employees.
- Actively participate as a key member of the leadership team of the location. Lead by example in terms of behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Deliver HR services to their respective client groups and generally support employees, and front-line managers.
- Serve as a key liaison with corporate benefits department.
- Act as employee advocate as needed.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and/or Business Administration strongly preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with strong focus in employee relations required.
- PHR Certification strongly desired.
- Experience in the automobile industry or auction business preferred.
- Call center, service industry and business partner model experience preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct employee relations investigations and counsel.
- Strong customer service, facilitation, conflict management, change management, listening, responding, interpersonal, influencing and project management skills.
- Ability to receive general direction rather than supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and past experience partnering with all employee levels.
- Ability to identify and use internal resources.
- General knowledge of HR law and practices.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
- 16 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...