The HR Generalist is a highly visible, hands-on, customer-focused partner who provides multi-unit support to leaders within various levels of the organization on key business and teammate issues and priorities. The Generalist also assists with talent management, talent development, succession planning, employee engagement and retention, workforce planning, recruitment, employee relations, and compensation management initiatives.
1. Assists the HR team to plan, develop, and implement effective HR strategies, tools, processes and programs for organization and client business units.
2. Builds strong business relationships with leaders, providing consultative business and HR guidance and decision support.
3. Partners with leadership and internal support functions to facilitate a smooth and effective new hire on-boarding experience. Initiates new hire surveys and prepares executive summaries from feedback received.
4. Assists in the coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation.
5. Coordinates, processes, and communicates teammate changes, including transfers, promotions, and other job, supervisor, or status changes to relevant parties.
6. Ensures that teammate information, such as personal data, compensation, performance evaluations, corrective action, and termination records are appropriately recorded and maintained.
7. Handles teammate departure coordination, including logistical coordination with leader and internal support functions, exit interview meetings and the dissemination of exit interview summaries.
8. Acts as the first level of support for employee relations issues and concerns, handling basic attendance and performance issues through consultation with leaders on established corrective action and performance improvement procedures. Triages more complex or broader issues to the appropriate HR Business Partner for resolution. Also assists with investigations as needed.
9. Assist with targeted leadership and other training in response to key areas of focus for leadership and their teams.
10. Serve as contact for teammates for questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
11. Assists with the development, update, and maintenance of company policies and handbooks.
12. Works closely with teammates, leaders, and Talent Acquisition to support immigration and the coordination of expat assignments and visas.
13. Works closely with HR Services and leaders to coordinate leave of absences.
14. Assists with the due diligence and integration process with respect to mergers and acquisitions.
15. In partnership with HR Services, HRBPs, and the Chief Compliance Officer, ensures compliance with employment law, stays abreast of new regulations and makes recommendations regarding compliance.
16. Assists with the annual performance and compensation review cycle.
17. Serves as back-up to HR Business Partners when needed.
18. Assists with benefits and recruiting activities as needed.
19. Performs other related duties and special projects as required.
20. Accepts other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
a. Working knowledge and experience in key HR functional areas of staffing, talent management, employee relations, compensation, and development.
b. Knowledge of employment law, best practices for all segments of talent management especially recruitment.
c. Collaborative team player with hands on work style, a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to build strong and supportive business partnerships.
d. Ability to remain poised with a calm demeanor in high pressure situations and to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
e. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work productively and effectively with a wide variety of people, internally and externally, and at multiple levels within the organization.
f. Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and analyze a situation by identifying patterns or connections
g. Strong organizational skills, with proven ability to manage a wide variety of responsibilities under tight deadlines, maintaining timelines, ensuring follow up, and producing high quality results.
h. Tenacious, resilient, and solution-focused with high initiative and personal drive.
i. Some travel required.
j. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS systems, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
2. Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
a. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
b. Three to five years prior relevant HR experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
c. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
d. Valid driver’s license required.
3. Physical Demands
a. Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
b. Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
c. Crouching and bending may be required when retrieving files.
d. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
a. Willingness to work overtime is required.
b. Travel Required (Highlight One): Rarely Occasionally Regularly Frequently
c. Weekends/Evenings/Holidays (Highlight One): No Yes, occasional weekends and evenings required
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Miraca Life Sciences - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard