Entry level position responsible for building relationships with employees at all levels of the organization while supporting their Human Resources (HR) needs. Performs HR related duties in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, employee benefits administration, new employee orientation & training, workplace compliance, employee safety, employee communications, and the administration and operations within the HR Department.
Manages projects and/or performs daily activities as it relates to a specialist area(s) of responsibility such as:
• Employee Benefits Administration
• New Employee Orientation & Training
• Employee Safety
• Employee Communications
• Employee relations
Employee Relations & Communications
• Builds strong working relationships, demonstrate a high-level of integrity, and establish a proactive approach to customer service.
• Addresses employee relations matters, investigate, where appropriate, and provide appropriate recommendations. Provides guidance and support in administering human resources policies and procedures to ensure that employees receive fair and reasonable treatment to establish a supportive work environment and to avoid potential legal liabilities. Coaches line supervisors and managers on dealing with employee issues as well as managing performance through the progressive disciplinary documentation process.
• Acts objectively while coaching employees and management through issues that are complex, difficult, or emotional in nature.
• Partners with HR Team to review and approves all disciplinary actions to ensure consistency, proper documentation, and due process. Provides first line support for all employees’ inquiries. Addresses and resolves employee relations concern in a timely and responsive manner.
• Conducts Payroll and benefits “troubleshooting” (questions involving rate of pay, benefits deductions and other unresolved issues)
• Assists employees with FMLA and leave of absence questions
• Assists with Leave of Absence (LOA) processing and helps track various types of LOA.
• Directs involvement with planning and coordination of employee events such as company picnic, holiday party and other employee rewards and recognition.
• Maintains current and accurate Position Descriptions (PDPE’s).
• Sends orientation assessment notices and assist with annual appraisal notification process.
HR Administration and Operations
• Prepares various paper and electronic forms for department
• Creates and updates departmental scorecards and provide ad hoc and routine reports.
• Participates as a presenter in New Employee Orientation and other employee trainings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
State Plan/Departmental specific job duties and responsibilities:
- HR Event Planning
- Research for training and development
- HR Communication development
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related field; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Requires a minimum of 2-4 years working in a Human Resources Department. Experience supervising/managing employees, or other directly relevant experience preferred. Must be able to respect and maintain highly confidential information. The ability to engage in reasoned dialogue on complex, difficult, or emotional issues, to be flexible, actively listen, and affect change. Able to give constructive feedback in a supportive manner. Ability to effectively work independently and as a member of a team quickly build strong working relationships, demonstrate a high-level of integrity, and establish a proactive approach to customer service. Ability to pay attention to detail with excellent prioritization and organization skills. Self starter with strong project management skills and ability to follow through. Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility to changes and response to new ideas and approaches. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) working knowledge of Lawson HRIS a plus. This professional must possess intermediate math skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PHR (Professional in Human Resources) Certification.
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...