Strong talent is hard to find, and as we grow it is more important than ever to add quality people to our firm. We are searching for an organized HR Generalist to join our HR team in our Northville, MI office.
Qualified candidates will thrive on working in a fast-paced, clients come first environment. To be successful in this role, you must have strong organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated experience in dealing with diverse personalities. You’ll need to have the ability to work individually and in a team environment… and work with a great sense of humor!
We are searching for candidates who have at least a four-year degree in HR/related field with PHR/SPHR certification preferred. You should have 5-7 years of demonstrated generalist experience in a professional services/ consulting environment. This position requires you to have the ability to adapt to a variety of HR issues and demonstrate openness to new ideas and approaches, and also requires you to have strong verbal and communication skills.
This position reports to the HR Director as a true business partner. The role of HR Generalist will be critical in supporting the business and building the credibility of the HR Department by demonstrating understanding of the critical business needs and providing focused solutions to address them, thereby demonstrating ability to add value
- Must be strong influencer
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an organized and accurate manner
- Ability to establish high level of trust/credibility quickly and effectively, both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and build key relationships
- Ability to learn our business in order to be a good business partner
- Ability to solve business problems through an innovative approach to people
- Uses benchmarking and networks to identify areas for innovation and improvement
The role of HR Generalist will entail implementing and ensuring adherence to NTH HR policies and procedures and be accountable for HR service delivery and execution.
- Staffing : Assist with recruiting process, including interviews, college job fairs, maintaining talent management software (Taleo), extending offers, creating and posting ads, etc.
- Leave Management : Work with managers to ensure adherence to guidelines in terms of leave policies, including: Short-Term disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation & Personal Leaves of Absence.
- Benefits Management: Daily administration of health & welfare benefits,ESOP/401(k), interface with carriers & employees to resolve issues, assist with annual Open Enrollment, and manage systems related to assigned benefit plans, including carrier enrollment systems and files
- Work with NTH leaders to create/update job descriptions
- Compliance : Ensure compliance with federal/ local laws and NTH procedures. This includes auditing all new hire paperwork, pre-employment requirements, special project requirements, EEO reporting, FMLA, AAP, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc. Conduct I-9 Audits & file audits
- Responsible for conducting training , including New Hire Orientation, Performance Management, & other HR related training
- Daily Administration: The role will include responsibility for maintaining employee information and records (files)for all locations, maintain HRIS system and create reports as necessary, Coordinate service awards and charity initiatives
- Other assignments and projects as necessary
To be considered, you must include salary requirements and cover letter with your resume submission. No relocation, No employer sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of generalist experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of organization skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS. Working knowledge of ABRA is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Critical thinking ability and strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee data and matters
NTH consultants - 18 months ago