As an integral member of the Human Resources team, the
HR Generalist will provide direct day to day support to
managers and employees. This position will lead all
recruitment efforts while overseeing personnel
transactions and benefits administration and will
collaborate on company-wide projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
non-exempt positions including drafting of job
- Conducts full cycle recruiting for exempt and
descriptions, sourcing and screening of applicants,
drafting of offer letters as well as managing the
pre-employment screening process.
workforce issues including conducting
- Works directly with management to identify and solve
investigations, coaching and counseling managers
through the Performance Improvement Plan process and
ensuring consistency with company policies and
resolution, change reporting and processing of
- Performs benefits administration including claims
and ensures compliance with federal and state
- Manages leave process with employees and managers
in the HRIS system as well as managing related
- Processes new hires, status changes and terminations
paperwork and files.
managers on HR related matters and ensures timely
- Provides daily customer support to employees and
and courteous responses.
the implementation of new HR initiatives, procedures
- Maintains HRIS system and designs/generates reports.
- Proactively develops, recommends and assists with
regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state
experience or equivalent work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of HR generalist
including FLSA, FMLA/CFRA/PDL, COBRA, HIPPA, ADA and
- PHR certification preferred.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations
EEO and the OFCCP required.
Excel and Powerpoint. Must have previous experience
- Strong computer skills required including Word,
maintaining an HRIS system as well as generating
reports. UltiPro experience preferred. Knowledge of
a Talent Management System (TMS) a plus.
with HR team members on projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate
strong time-management skills.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented with
the ability to interface with all levels of the
- Excellent communication skills required as well as
Local candidates only. Relocation is not offerred for
- Ability to travel up to 10% within the domestic US.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and
substance screening process including, but not limited
to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor
Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued
verifications throughout employment to ensure that all
records meet company policy standards.
Division/Department : NRC West
Req. Code : 607
Skills : Human Resources - > HRIS, Staffing/Recruiting,
Benefits, Employee Relations
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
National Response Corporation is the largest commercial oil spill response organization in the United States with a diversified client base...