Nutrition is seeking an HR Generalist to join its Florham Park, NJ team. This role is acountable for providing general HR support to salaried employees and management within designated client groups through effective communication and administration. Under the direction of the Associate Director, HR, the HR Generalist contributes to the recruiting strategy, employee development, employee relations, policy interpretation, compensation administration, legal compliance, tactical execution of organizational development and corporate initiatives, and maintaining data integrity in all HR systems.
Personnel Administration – Operational Efficiency
Execution of full administrative process related to the employee cycle: selection, hiring, on-boarding, development, performance review process, recognition program, leaves of absence, employee data management, salary administration, bonus plans, benefit administration and off-boarding.
General HR Support
Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback. Provide policy interpretation, direct employees towards the right resources to access company benefits. Manage employee relations issues including counseling managers and colleagues, assisting them in problem resolution which requires a high degree of tact and confidentiality.
Performance & Talent Management
Utilize the performance, talent and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of organizational goals through objective and development plan setting, performance/potential calibrations and talent development. Communicate to People Managers all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. Be a qualified trainer on a relevant subject matter to train and develop managers and supervisors.
Partner with Staffing Center of Excellence in understanding of the business needs to define and execute sourcing strategy to attract and retain employees supporting the organization’s short and long term business needs. Review/finalize job descriptions for open positions with Hiring Manager, attend in-take meeting with Hiring Manager and Recruiter, participate on interview panel and consensus meeting for candidate final decision. Generate offers and obtain offer approvals and compose/distribute Organizational Announcement.
Partner with Hiring Manager on the execution of the on boarding program which includes: HR employee orientation (as needed), welcome day and first week agenda, identification of key resources and business contacts that will ensure the successful adaptation of the employee to her/his new position, establishment of objective setting, providing policy & benefits awareness, following up on missing paperwork, and finalizing I-9 verification online. Check in with new hires 30 days post hire.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree (prefer Business or HR concentration) or equivalent experience
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years of HR Generalist experience working in a larger corporate environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Strong presentation skills, comfort around higher management.
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills with the ability to handle complex issues.
- Ability to focus on customer needs with a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to find innovative solutions.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion without direct control of resources.
- Strong teamwork and ability to lead cross functional projects.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive HR information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws (FLSA, WC, ADA, Title VII, FMLA, NJ FLA).
- Strong technical system skills, including Employee Data Management System (i.e. SAP), Applicant Tracking System (i.e. Taleo, Kenexa Brass Ring), Microsoft Office.
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...