This position is responsible for providing tactical HR support to the NROC sales organization (employees and managers) with regards to all aspects of HR including policy interpretation, performance management, employee relations, investigations, recruiting, leave management, HR reporting, rewards and recognition, compensation, employment law, and training and development. This position will also be involved in coordinating strategic HR programs including diversity, safety awareness, mentoring, career development / coaching, etc.
· Communicate with all employees regarding policies and procedures. Provide counsel to associates and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc. Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed. Serve as a liaison between associates and management.
· Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution of employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings, Performance Improvement Plans.
· Coordination and management of Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests, Workers Compensation issues, OSHA requirements, PTO issues, and unemployment claims.
· Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, review job offers, write announcements, and liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
· Provide weekly miscellaneous reporting – OSHA, Recruiting (NHOP), Headcount (Master Personnel List), Leaves, Incentive plan participation, etc.
· Ensure all associates and managers are properly trained to use tools and resources for effective performance and development evaluations (TPMS). Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement.
· Provide training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness, Valuing Diversity, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed.
· Provide support to the organization on development programs such as the Talking Talent / TPMS, mentor programs, career pathing, etc.
· Coordinate rewards and recognition programs such as the ROC Awards, Real Recognition Program, service / retirement awards, etc.
· Compliance and Investigations: Monitor all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs including drafting annual AAP, reviewing all practices related to hiring, training, transfers or promotions. Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters. Responsible for investigating charges of alleged discrimination based on protected classes, as defined by state and federal law, responding to charges filed through state and federal agencies such as the EEOC and to claims made through the Nestlé Business Conduct Line. Provide direction and participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP. Consult with appropriate legal representatives as needed.
· Participate in various projects such as annual merit process, annual bonus plan administration, coordination / participation in consensus / leveling meetings, review, analysis and recommendations based on quarterly HR reporting (quality of hires, analysis of turnover, review of promotable talent and critical positions, employee retention, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline, or related field experience preferred.
Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes.
Minimum 2 years of HR generalist experience.
Demonstrated experience delivering training via classroom and online tools.
Demonstrated employee relations / communications experience dealing with difficult employee issues, conflicts, charges, and working with Legal resources.
· Systems: Microsoft Office; HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
· Ability to deal effectively with employees / management, requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts or issues.
· Ability to work closely with management and leadership teams.
· Strong analytical, mathematical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
· Ability to read, listen and communicate verbally and in writing to effectively impact the organization
· Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
· Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task.
· Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment.
Nestle Purina PetCare Company - 20 months ago
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through...