Do you love working with outstanding Humans? Are you resourceful Resourcerer? Are you a General of Generalism? If you are ready to work hard and have fun with an amazing HR team, then this is your dream job—an amazing opportunity for an HR Generalist to join our “A” team in the Herndon HQ office supporting a fantastic and fast growing company! NetCentrics is a group of experienced experts who enjoy working together in an information technology consulting, software development, and innovation process management company. We help our clients become more productive and innovative by improving their information systems and internal processes. We specialize in network design, installation and management, software development, process improvement and innovation. Our focus is working with great people who are geniuses at what they do and are enjoyable to work with while they accomplish astonishing things. Super stars only need apply!
General responsibilities for the HR Generalist include:
- Assist with selection, implementation and maintenance of HR systems including LMS and HRIS (Helps us manage what we manage!)
- Employee relations activities including coaching, mentoring, investigations and documentation, exit interviews (Doing right by our employees and NetCentrics)
- Create and deliver training that delights learners
- Administer benefits, including open enrollment (and celebrating National Talk Like A Pirate Day)
- Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures per provided prescription
- Assist with developing and implementing compensation programs and job descriptions extraordinaire
- Routinely report on metrics you manage
- Assist with performance management
- Manage compliance efforts with federal and state employment laws and regulations (i.e. OSHA, Workers compensation, Affirmative Action)
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies, add value to the HR team and company, making it even more magnificent for wonderful workers
- Contribute to dazzling our deal on the HR Intranet
- Assist with developing and implementing rewards and recognition programs
- Accomplish, with style, special projects as assigned
Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to apply critical thinking
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - oriented on results
- Prior experience with various employee relations issues
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Passion for innovative HR Solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven good judgment and discretion – confidentiality is key!
- Adaptability, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Naturally a self-starter, with strong initiative and a dedication to follow up and follow through
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Being comfortable and intuitive with technology
- Strong ability to communicate and build trust at all levels
- Must have strong writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint and Visio a plus!
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Knowledge of Federal Employment Laws
- Passion to make the world a better place by helping NetCentrics staff develop and apply their terrific talents.
- Desire to work hard but have fun!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, concentration in HR preferred
- Masters in HR preferred
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- 4+ year
- ’s experience in Human Resources
• Must be able to work overtime which could include weekends
• Prior Government contracting experience a plus
• While performing duties of the job, the employee must be able to stand, often for extended periods; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear, lift to 25 pounds and do the hokey pokey! (not really on the hokey pokey part – unless it’s a Friday!)
- In addition, must also have vision abilities to include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment usually moderate.
- Tools and equipment regularly used; computer, fax machine, office supplies, copiers, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Some local travel is required
No agencies please. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
NetCentrics Corporation - 9 months ago