Summary of Functions:
Due to continued growth we are seeking an HR Generalist to support our facilities in the Atlanta, GA community.
Assists in the planning and coordinating of human resource activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, and enforce company policies. Compile and keep personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, and terminations including date of and reason. Compile and type reports from employment records. File employment records, search employee files, and furnish information to authorized persons. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures and may include a combination of answering telephones, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
- Files – Active personnel files, terminated files, medical files, application & training files
- Maintains HRIS – (Kronos & Lawson systems) via data entry
- Supplies first line of communication for all employee relations. Maintains and promotes positive employee morale. Answers questions regarding benefits, pay, and policies and procedures
- Recommends disciplinary action for hourly employees
- Assists supervisors and managers in ensuring hourly employees are in compliance with policies and procedures
- Performs basic employment verification
- Processes payroll bi-weekly for hourly and salaried employees. (Weekly for temporary employees)
- Tracks all temporary employee information and files all performance and training documents
- Coordinates all temp to regular employment conversion, and ensures paperwork and other approvals are obtained
- Provides new employee orientation for all temporary employees
- Updates and maintains Affirmative Action Logs – record all flow of applications/resumes, new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, and terminations
- Conducts New Hire Orientation which includes benefits, 401k, sexual harassment, and PPE
- Posts all internal job openings, prepare the job posting analysis spreadsheet, and issue interview results memos to all candidates
- Verifies and submits to Corporate all human resources related invoices
- Maintains all New Breed employees’ absentee calendars
- Coordinate temporary employee staffing needs between several agencies and process requisitions for conversion at the time of eligibility
- Updates and maintains I-9 forms and all insurance contributory payments
- Verifies and submits weekly reports of temporary employee hours to the corresponding agency
- Promotes safety awareness - monitors reporting of injuries and submits completed incident reports to Corporate
- Reports monthly incident occurrences and maintain OSHA logs for end of year submission.
The qualified candidate will have 2+ years of Generalist experience including payroll, HRIS (Lawson preferred), and time keeping systems (Kronos preferred)
New Breed Logistics - 15 months ago
Contrary to its name, New Breed Logistics is not new to the logistics game. Born out of a small trucking company formed in 1968, New Breed...