Oil States Energy Services is recruiting for a HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST I (ENTRY LEVEL) to support our North Dakota Region and will be based out of the Williston, ND location. This position will work under the guidance of the Regional HR Generalist and he/she will direct responsibilities on a daily basis. This position will primarily be responsible for the overall HR function and administrative support for the North Dakota employees, which includes carrying out various human resources administrative programs and procedures for employees and assist with employee related issues, OSES policies, programs and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with the Managers and Regional HR Generalist in employment activities including position descriptions, recruitment, interview process, background screening and onboarding for corporate employees.
• Works with the Regional HR Generalist on HR relates issues, performance management, employee development, salary adjustments, promotions, terminations, administering the Company’s Annual Incentive Compensation Plan as well as any specific location Bonus/Incentive plan.
• Assists with administering the Company’s annual performance evaluation and merit program for corporate employees, and employee communication programs including HR policies also champion the change management process.
• Assures that company employment, employee relations, personnel and equal opportunity policies and practices remain competitive and comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, this includes maintaining OFCCP requirements as well as required postings.
• Assists with administering benefit plans, including enrollments and terminations. Receive and process required documents to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper deductions. Maintain supplies/forms for benefits administration.
• Conducts new employee orientations, ensuring employees gain an understanding of company policies, procedures, benefit plans, and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on benefit plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit participation decisions.
• Coordinates distribution of communication materials of benefit programs to help ensure employee understanding and compliance of benefit packages. Resolve general employee complaints related to benefit plans; refer difficult or more complex complaints to a Generalist or manager as needed. Act as a resource to ensure employee understanding and compliance with HR policies and regulations. Inform management of potential problem areas as they arise.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 filing system to ensure records are complete and comply with applicable governing laws and regulations.
• Monitors and responds when necessary to unemployment claims.
• Assist with preparation of annual affirmative action plan and perform recruitment outreach to community sources as needed. Maintain employment resumes, application forms, and applicant flow logs in line with Affirmative Action Plan.
• Receive employment applications from district locations for processing. Enter applicant’s information into online database to gather investigative reports as part of the new background checking process. Review reports to determine if applicants meet hiring guidelines; advises Regional HR Generalist or HR Manager of concerns. Issue requisition to district location to authorize pre-employment testing of applicant.
• Create and maintain employee personnel, benefits, and legal files by scanning documents to HRIS database or through creating physical files. Ensure record retention policy is applied consistently. Periodically examine files to determine which are outdated in order to prepare them for storage or destruction.
• Plans and executes employee/community relations activities as well as any benefit awareness initiatives.
• Maintains district and office bulletin boards in an up-to-date and legally compliant manner.
• Performs data entry of employee information in the HRIS database ensuring accuracy and data integrity. Compile reports from database as requested.
• Make photocopies, faxes and/or scans documents, and performs other clerical functions as required.
• Knows and executes all OSII policies and procedures.
• Assist HR Manager and/or HR Generalist with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality to the highest degree
• Must possess basic knowledge of HR policies and procedures, as well as federal employment laws and benefit plans, such as ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA; knowledge of multi-state employment laws a plus
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be detail oriented and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks, and be able to multi-task utilizing effective time management to meet stringent deadlines
• Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills to foster effective and consistent working relationship with co-workers, managers, and the general employee population
• Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Power Point and HRIS software programs; experience with applicant tracking systems a plus
• Must be able to demonstrate support of changes in departmental or company initiatives
• Must have excellent understanding of HR manual filing systems and containment requirements
• Must be able to travel if requested or directed to district locations
• Must be able to occasionally work extended hours, holidays, and weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or equivalent work experience.
• Up to two (2) years prior experience in an HR administrative role
• Up to six (6) months previous hands-on experience with an HRIS system
• Proficient in MC Office including Word & Excel.
• Detail oriented, strong communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple task.
• Ability to deal with all levels of management.
• Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
• Must be able to occasionally bend, lift, kneel, stand or walk for moderate periods of time
• Must be able to exert force to occasionally lift or move objects of up to 25 pounds
• Must have good manual dexterity to perform daily tasks and operate computers or other standard office equipment.
• Must have vision and hearing within normal range.
• Must be able to deal with moderate levels of stress and/or stressful situations
Oil States International - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard