Handles employee relations counseling and other performance issues.
Assists in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
Handles incidents reports including Workers’ Compensation issues
Assists with development and maintenance of affirmative action plans which includes preparing appropriate logs and reports.
Administers various human resources programs including employee recognition programs (services awards, employee acknowledgement program, employee appreciation days, etc.).
Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Coordinates and oversees hiring activity with the temporary agencies and temporary employees.
Assists with recruitment, onboarding (employee orientations) and off-boarding (exit interviews).
Assists and responds to employees with questions regarding benefits.
- Considerable knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Confident team player – able to influence and persuade through strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to working independently.
- Strong PC skills and understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) communications skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 5 years or more of HR experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing or plant facility a plus.
Optimum Nutrition - 19 months ago