The Human Resources Generalist supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The HR Generalist is responsible for administering the human resources policies, procedures and programs for Pearl Insurance, Pearl Technology, and Pearl Automotive. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants for all exempt and nonexempt personnel for Pearl Insurance, Pearl Technology, and Pearl Automotive, including identification of recruiting needs; sourcing of qualified candidates; and screening, testing and selection of applicants. Works in tandem with management team in interviewing and selection process.
- Create and conduct all new hire and benefit orientations.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze and report common trends.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, and providing guidance with the corrective action process.
- Coordinate employee relation activities, such as recognition events, the United Way campaign, and other company functions.
- Create and maintain corporate organization charts, job descriptions, monthly staffing & KPI reports.
- Work effectively and diplomatically with all levels of the organization, from hourly to management.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys, report results, and track improvements.
- Serve as a backup for processing payroll.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field; 2+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR certification highly preferred.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and frequent heavy workloads which may require work in addition to normal working hours.
- Effective judgment and decision making ability.
- Prior HRIS experience helpful.
Pearl Companies - 10 months ago