Based in our San Diego office, this position is responsible for a broad range of day-to-day HR matters including employee relations, policies and procedures, salary administration, health and safety, performance management and recruitment. As a key contributor to the HR team, you will work closely with the Director HR as well as Corporate Services managers to ensure that the department operates effectively to support QuickPlay’s senior management in meeting business plan objectives.
Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Working toward or achievement of PHR-CA designation preferred.
- Coordinates employee hiring, promotion, transfer and termination administrative activities for all offices ensuring legislative requirements are met in all jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the orientation of new staff and ensures that reference and background checks are completed in a timely manner. Conduct exit interviews and analyze trends, recommending new initiatives as required.
- Consults with HR Director & VP regarding employee performance and employee relations issues.
- Participates in salary surveys and best practices studies. Assists the Director, HR in conducting market assessments as required.
- Ensures that job postings are kept up to date on QuickPlay’s internal communication channels as well as on the corporate website.
- Manages Health & Safety initiatives for all offices ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
- Work closely with the Payroll and Benefits Administrator on payroll and benefits related issues as required.
- Develops and maintains management reports. Prepares weekly and monthly HR reports. Maintains the Organization Charts.
- Participates in the maintenance of HR policies and procedures; provides interpretation as necessary; makes suggestions and recommendations on any revisions.
- Performs other duties as required including attending campus career fairs, coordinating Town Hall and other special events.
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or a related discipline is required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in human resources with a minimum of one (1) years hands-on experience in, recruitment.
- Solid and up to date knowledge and understanding of California and US employment legislation.
- International relocation experience is an asset
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills; includes excellent listening skills. Must be able to communicate difficult or controversial information as required. Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and effective time management is required to ensure all designated activities are executed professionally.
- Ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive material and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm with an eagerness to enrich, advance and acquire new skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in the Hi Tech/Telecommunications industry coupled with a desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment preferred.
Interested Applicants are invited to send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
QuickPlay - 19 months ago