City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey Street
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay Type: Salaried
% Travel Required: 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 07/24/2014
Support the Senior Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) and provide direct HR partnership and expertise to assigned businesses and/or support groups within RBC Capital Markets.
- As a primary, day-to-day HR Representative, develop and manage effective business relationships with all internal clients/employees/co-workers, at a level which meets and/or exceeds expectations, at all times
- Work closely with the Senior HRBPs and Centers of Expertise on strategic HR initiatives, that may include but are not limited to Performance/Talent Management (e.g. promotions), Work Force Planning, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Diversity, Compliance and Compensation.
- Serve as an effective HR liaison between the Business, Global Human Resources and Centers of Expertise to help ensure that a full scope of HR support is brought to bare in a consistent, thoughtful, helpful and compliant manner
- Partner with Recruitment (Lateral and Campus) and the HR Operations teams to ensure timely on-boarding and a smooth transition for employees’ day one activities
- Manage employee immigration matters in collaboration with external immigration and/or legal partners
- Manage employee transfer and relocation matters in partnership with external Relocation partners
- Manage an efficient and respectful employee exit process, coordinating with internal Centers of Expertise (e.g. Employee Relations, Legal, Compliance, Compensation, HR Service Center)
- Provide effective support and/or leadership for ad hoc HR projects, initiatives and coverage needs
- Contribute to continuous process improvement to gain efficiencies where appropriate
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
- 4 year college degree
- A minimum of 3 years recent and relevant HR experience
- Prior successful experience working in a fast-paced and agile, team environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and judgment
- Need to ensure the proper treatment and handling of confidential information
- Strong analytical, presentation and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and familiarity with HRIS systems
- Human Resources certification
- Prior experience in Financial Services
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here .
RBC - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional clients...