RPM Mortgage, Inc., a California based mortgage banking firm, is seeking an HR Generalist . T his position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources in Alamo, CA.
Develop and maintain company polices, procedures, performance evaluations, and ensure company adherence to all legislative regulations as they relate to HR. Responsible for activities that include: recruitment, hiring, orientation, and employee well-being and relations.
- Manage all recruiting and staffing logistics by developing and maintaining relationships with all available recruitment sources
- Review job applications adhering to EEO requirements
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews with potential candidates to go over their resume and qualifications
- Meet with hiring managers to discuss candidates and determine position needs
- Complete compensation analysis for new hires
- Prepare new hire documentation (offer letter and I9 form) as needed
- Provide support to HR team and management on policies, employee relations, and investigations
- Ensures proper communication to employees on health and wellness initiatives by updating the InSite website monthly
- Organize the yearly Health and Wellness Fair by contacting venders, ordering food, and setting up events/activities
- Maintain the new hire platform (Red Carpet) by updating workflow and information when needed
- Update InSite website monthly with news articles, HR/Payroll forms, and other materials as needed
- Make sure all employment practices and procedures are inline with regulatory compliance and concerns
- Update and maintain employee handbook with any new or changed policies
- Conduct exit interviews for executives or specific people when asked by Director of Human Resources
- Manage performance management and improvement systems (Halogen) for performance reviews and job descriptions
- Evaluate employee surveys (New Hire Feedback and Recruitment Satisfaction) metrics and make recommendations to improve effectiveness
- HR supply and demand estimates to determine staffing levels
- Employee recognition program
- Assist with benefits questions when needed
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll when needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Essential Core Competencies
- Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Shows genuine sensitivity to the needs, feelings and capabilities of other people. Deals with others in a pleasant manner. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Tends to listens more than talk. Leaves others with the impression that their thoughts, opinions, feelings and needs are important.
- Helps others understand their feelings and their needs.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
- Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Breaks down problems and issues into sub-components and then assesses the costs, benefits and risks of various options prior to
- selecting a particular approach.
- Handles sensitive or difficult issues with grace and confidence. Remains clear-headed and focused and inspires others to do the same. Remains objective in the face of strong emotions. Can acknowledge strong emotions without being unduly influenced by their intensity.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance, having helpful disposition and providing a positive company image to the public
Experience and education
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of Human Resources experience
- 4 years of employment/recruitment/placement experience
- Degree in Business, Human Relations, or Communication
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Taleo, Red Carpet, Paychex, and Halogen
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including relevant laws and regulations
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 13 months ago