RPM Mortgage, Inc., a California based mortgage banking firm, is seeking an HR Generalist I. The Human Resources Generalist I is responsible for human resources activities that include compliance, recruitment and compensation. The Human Resources Generalist I will support the Director of Human Resources in providing assistance to develop or maintain company policies, procedures and ensure company adherence to all legislative regulations as they relate to Human Resources. This position reports directly to the Directory of Human Resources in Alamo, CA.
- Maintains and suggests revisions to policies and procedures to comply with laws and regulations
- Assist in the development of procedures, guidelines and policies
- Administer recruiting processes, including: coordinating interview schedules, review applications for completeness and obtain additional information when necessary, providing updates to candidates regarding their applicant/interview status as needed, securing feedback from interviewers, performing/securing employment due diligence, executing and communicating hiring decisions and conducting follow-up administration
- Conduct research and analysis, and convey relevant findings, on market trends, recruiting opportunities and recruiting performance
- Prepare reporting and statistical data
- Facilitate market surveys of benchmark positions, analyze results and prepare recommendations for salary structure movement
- Additional duties as assigned
- Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Shows genuine sensitivity to the needs, feelings and capabilities of other people. Deals with others in a pleasant manner. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Tends to listens more than talk. Leaves others with the impression that their thoughts, opinions, feelings and needs are important. Helps others understand their feelings and their needs.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
- Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Investigates all viable options, along with the potential consequences of each, and then makes timely decisions. Can direct a group through this process and does not hesitate to make difficult decisions. Can speed up the decision-making process when time is of the essence, yet can also slow it down when there is time to do so.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance, having helpful disposition and providing a positive company image to the public
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished.
- Produces clear and complete written reports that meet the needs of the customer. Written reports use words and tone that are appropriate for the intended audience and are produced and distributed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or H.R Administration or equivalent Associates degree and experience; 3 years of experience in a Human Resources, Compliance, Recruitment and Compensation Capacity preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including relevant laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Familiarity with Paychex platforms (Time and Labor Online, HR Online and Benetrac) and Taleo.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and responsibilities effectively.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance, having a helpful disposition and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard