Supports employee development initiatives, recruitment activities, and day-to-day Human Resources administrative functions.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Non-Essential Functions :
- Resolve variety of employee relation situation to include counseling between supervisors and employees to obtain conflict resolution ensuring compliance to company policies and federal and state laws.
- Head the safety committee to include: preparing a safety committee monthly agenda with new and old issues, which are brought to management’s attention to resolve for a safety work environment; planning a topic for the monthly group safety meeting; and coordinating handouts, quizzes, and presentation to go along with the monthly topic.
- Head the activity committee, plan activities, United Way, anniversary luncheons, Christmas luncheon and other employee events.
- Make offers of employment to the applicant, prepares interview questions, new hire paperwork, new hire orientation, and on-boarding experience.
- Coordinates FMLA and Worker’s Compensation.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll in Kronos
- Sets processes for third party staffing agency
- Sets HR Metrics to measure HR function for efficiencies.
- Participates in performance management with tracking and legal compliance.
- Use HR metrics to evaluate the process of the human resource department.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related curriculum
- 1-3 years’ experience in human resources, including employee relations
- Strong customer service focus, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Health and Safety experience
- Strong PC Skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
Physical Requirements : The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
Language Skills :
- Must be able to sit for 5 hours per day
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching and/or typing
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, and handle or feel objects
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to do algebra and statistical analysis.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- The work performed is in an office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment