JOB DESCRIPTION: HR Generalist
Reports to: Sr. HR Generalist - Shimano American Corp. - Irvine, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all Shimano staff; assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
Participates in the administration of compensation program; assists in implementation of performance evaluation program with the direction of the Sr. HR Generalist.
Provides backup support for administration of benefits.
Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually maintains other records,reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations with the direction of the Sr. HR Generalist
Coordinates the temporary associate staffing program.
Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, assists in preparation of job descriptions and writing and placement of job advertising.
Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiencies of the department and services performed.
Coordinates the SAC records retention program.
Serves as the back up for coverage of the reception
Participates in 1:1, departmental staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonnel skills.
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Visio
- Experience in use of HRIS systems and reporting; ADP Pay Expert and EZ Labor a plus
- Thorough knowledge of compensation and benefits policies and practices
- Additional Requirements:
Effective oral and written communication skills
Works independently on objectives. Requires little supervision; is able to schedule priorities independently according to business needs
Solid analytical, quantitative and reasoning skills and the demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly, creatively, and work in a constantly changing environment.
Ability to work collaboratively at all levels
Ability to manage sensitive employee relations issues and conflict resolution while maintaining confidentiality
Ability to be flexible, maintain composure, and successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast paced and ever changing work environment
Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels and in all areas of the human resources arena.
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five(5) years of Human Resources experience.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Shimano - 8 months ago
Shimano American Corporation, the U.S.-based subsidiary of Shimano, Inc., is a multi-national manufacturer of bicycle components and fishing...