HR Generalist - Parkersburg and St. Marys, WV
The HR Generalist serves as a business leader for the assigned facility providing coaching and guidance to associates and managers. This position cross-train in an assigned manufacturing facility to provide back-up support as required on daily or project related tasks.
- Leads positive associate relation efforts for the facility.
- Actively engages with managers on key objectives to support the facility and business.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and training to managers and leaders to develop competencies and leadership capabilities.
- Assists in developing training material and facilitates training sessions on interviewing, performance management, career development, diversity and regulatory compliance, etc.
- Make recommendations to policy development, application and interpretation.
- Leads resolution of associate relations’ issues and conducts investigations an necessary.
- Provides critical administrative and technical support for the HRIS system. Ensures timely and accurate data entry ensuring data integrity through audits. Research, troubleshoot, test and document system solutions.
- Support continuous initiatives. Documents current processes and procedures and leads the effort to maintain and create processes that support the business and department.
- Provides leadership and partnership to team projects as required.
- Coordinates and executes new associate orientation ensuring all documents are distributed, signed and returned. Assists in hiring and selection of talent.
- Maintains accurate associate records.
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful HR Generalist will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline. Minimum of 2 years experience
- Functional and technical working knowledge of Ultipro, Kronos or related HRIS software. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of systems and ability to learn new systems to tackle complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the demonstrated ability to rpesent information one on one or to a group.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Project management skills and an active role in problem resolution.
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Flexible and able to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing sites and Columbus.
Simonton Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit www.simonton.com.