The HR Generalist executes human resources policies, procedures and programs in the areas of recruitment and staffing, culture and engagement, HR data management, compensation and benefits, on-boarding and exiting staff, employee relations and employee training and development, to support HR strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a point of contact and HR advisor for SR employees by demonstrating integrity, credibility and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Conducts full cycle recruitment to support all functional areas of the business
- Works closely with hiring managers on job descriptions, candidate profiles, candidate evaluation and selection processes including developing interview and assessment training
- Participates in activities and initiatives aimed at developing and nurturing desired company culture
- Conducts employee on-boarding activities including new hire and benefits orientation and enrollment
- Performs basic employee relations activities including basic employee coaching and counseling
- Recommends new processes and approaches to the Global HR Director that will positively impact the department and overall company, aimed at increasing engagement, innovation or productivity
- Assists with the execution of the company performance review and performance management processes
- Works closely with the Global HR Director and Department Heads on compensation reviews, benchmarking, merit increase process and annual bonus process
- Administrates employee benefits including data entry, employee communication and carrier relations
- Assists Global HR Director with benefits planning including annual renewal and annual open enrollment
- Administrates job protected leaves including FMLA, OFLA and California leaves
- Maintains HR data and ensures integrity and accuracy
- Compiles HR reports and conducts data and file audits
- Acts as Payroll reviewer and back-up to finance in order to maintain appropriate checks and balances
- Creates and maintenance of personnel files
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources on a variety of HR projects across all functional areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of employment laws and statutory requirements that affect HR decisions and policies in Oregon and California. San Francisco employment law experience preferred.
- Lifestyle Brand” HR experience preferred
Education and Work Experience:
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations in order to make decisions or interpret policy
- Ability to connect with varied audiences through dynamic and intuitive communication, particularly when handling controversial or emotionally charged issues
- Ability to write clear, concise and “on-brand” communications related to complex topics
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field, and 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Human Resource; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks. S/PHR Certification preferred.
Office Manager / Human Resources Generalist supervises administrative staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment. Some travel required by air to location out of the area. Ability to work with tight time lines in an ever-changing environment, showing tireless initiative, and taking risks that are strategic calculated and moderate comfort to step out side of the box.
Sol Republic - 12 months ago