Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400FBDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments. Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the career of a lifetime… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world. Position Summary
Under the direction of and collaboration with the Director of HR, provide human resources generalist support for in-house and remote employee population. Responsibilities include compliance, recruitment, on-boarding, employee/labor relations, performance management, training, HRIS, benefits administration, and compensation.
• Program Administration & Special Projects – assist in the research, analyze, recommend, develop, communicate and administrate HR and corporate programs and initiatives such as the compensation program and annual benchmarking; annual/open benefits enrollment; benefits administration; employee and leadership training; performance management; workers’ compensation claims, talent management, etc. Communicate and inform business units of HR initiatives and ensure programs are aligned with the culture of the business unit; solicit input as needed.
• Compliance - ensure efficient collection and timely and accurate reporting of all HR compliance requirements. Participate in/lead audits as required. Compliance includes, but is not limited to employee background verifications, drug and alcohol testing, fingerprint collection and verification, badge processing, PRIA (Pilot Records Information Act) and employment verifications, unemployment claims/hearings, exit interviews, I-9, leaves of absence, benefits, CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) , FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), ADA/ADAA (Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act), internal processes, etc. Ensure compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and Southern Air policies, procedures, and processes. Assist in the preparation, audit, and monitoring of the company’s Affirmative Action Plan. Maintain employee records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
• Recruitment and On-boarding - source, screen, and interview job applicants for entry level, administrative and technical job openings. Apply recruiting and hiring practices that are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures throughout the hiring process, from job posting through on-boarding. Develop relationships with professional recruitment agencies, schools, and internal clients. Facilitate new hire orientation and make recommendations for improvements to on-boarding process.
• Employee Relations - address and resolve employee relations issues as appropriate. Assist in coaching to management on HR related situations, while considering risk and limiting legal liability to the organization. Educate managers on and mediate workplace conflict resolution. Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement. Conduct investigations in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Change Agent - partner with and coach the business leadership teams to facilitate organizational and cultural change. Act as a catalyst for building Organizational Effectiveness within the business. Support and lead others through change.
• HRIS - Maintain Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compile reports from database. Ensure timely and accurate entries to the HRIS data base.
• Customer Service – file, data entry, respond to employee questions (phone, email, walk-in) within one (1) business day, and other miscellaneous assignments as requested by the supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, related field, or equivalent related experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional level human resources experience in a combination of HR disciplines (i.e. HRIS, compliance, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, training and development, performance management, and change management)
• Working knowledge of state and federal employment regulations and Human Resources practices and policies
• Proven ability to influence and interact with all levels of management
• Intermediate level Microsoft Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access) skills
• Displays high levels of trust and confidentiality and the ability to use discretion when communicating sensitive information. Critical ability to be objective and apply independent thinking skills when making decisions that allow for fair and equitable results while minimizing legal risk and liability
• Ability to handle day-to-day situations using effective problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
• Strategic thinking ability to translate and execute an action plan
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening), presentation and relationship management skills, collaborative style, effective internal and external relations
• Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and management
• Facilitation and project management skills
• Flexibility to work in an environment with constantly shifting, and sometimes conflicting, priorities
• Drive, initiative and results oriented
• Effective problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt and drive change
• Willingness to work within all levels of HR (i.e. filing, answering calls, reporting, analysis, facilitation, leadership)
• PHR/SPHR certification
• Previous experience working with a union environment
• Previous strong working knowledge of Ultipro
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V