At Stanford Children's Health, we’re focused on bringing world-class, family-centered care to communities spanning throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. A new physician group developed in partnership with Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and the Stanford School of Medicine, we are bringing together some of medicine’s premier talent to meet the health challenges faced by today’s children and expectant mothers. If you’d like to be part of an organization that’s establishing new standards of care—and helping children and their families grow stronger every step of the way—consider joining us today in Menlo Park, CA.
We currently have an opportunity for an HR Generalist II to join our fast-paced environment. You will use your broad knowledge of all functional areas of HR to tackle complex issues and assignments and be responsible for the communication and administration of HR-related programs, procedures and policies, including staffing, benefits, training, compensation, management reporting, employee transactions, and database and systems management.
- Provides explanation, interpretation and/or guidance to employees and managers regarding the administrative activities related to HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Participates with subject matter experts to develop and document new processes. Advises on documentation requirements and participates in testing the procedures.
- Provides employee relations and performance management guidance to line management and staff (coaching, counseling, career development, employee grievances, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and termination) and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Identifies training needs for clinics/client group and individual coaching and development needs, and participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal department as needed/required.
- Coordinates recruitment effort and the initial screening of candidates and temporary staffing positions when necessary and coordinates all on-boarding and off-boarding activities for client groups.
- Performs the administration of standard to complex processes and activities for all functional areas of HR (e.g. benefits, staffing, compensation, HRIS, etc.).
- Provides rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions as needed.
- Reviews processes and process documentation and recommends improvements, automation opportunities, system improvements, cost saving and customer service initiatives.
- Serves as the escalation point for questions or issues related to transactions and processes of a non-standard nature. Conducts research (e.g. policy interpretation, terms and conditions, etc.) and responds to client or seeks management approval.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To qualify, you must be deadline-oriented with a Bachelor's degree in a related field or relevant work experience, 2 years of progressively responsible and directly-related HR experience, and knowledge of HR-related systems and software applications as well as HR practices/policies related to benefits, staffing, compensation, etc. The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, research and identify appropriate responses to customer inquiries and problem solve in a customer-focused environment is essential, as are proven interpersonal, prioritizing and Windows-based computer skills. This position requires travel to our practice locations throughout the Bay Area.
To find out more about how you can make an impact on our growing organization, please send resume by clicking "Apply Now." You may also visit our website at: http://packardnetwork.org. Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 30+ days ago