Blowout Tools, Inc., a Superior Energy Services Company , specializes in furnishing rental tools such as blowout preventers, choke manifolds, spools, adapters, flanges, piping, and downhole valves and nipples for drilling, workover, high pressure workover, coiled tubing, snubbing, blowout, and ultra-deep water and horizontal drilling operations. In addition, this company performs hot tap services, gate valve drilling, and freeze services. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
BTI is currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our team in Pittsburg, PA.
The Human Resources Generalist provides general functional and administrative support in all areas of Human Resources including employee relations, payroll, training, recruitment and staffing for office and field employees assigned to the Northeast region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with recruiting, selection and interviewing process following company established processes
- Coordinate new hire on boarding and training process to include pre-employment requirements (physical, drug test background check, etc.)
- Conduct Company orientation of new hire employees
- Responsible for complete and accurate submission of all required paperwork during onboarding and exit processes
- Liaison between employees and Houston HR on all benefit /issues (health insurance, 401K, ESPP, etc.)
- Assist managers with employee counseling, grievances and disciplinary actions as needed
- Provide assistance to local management and employees to prevent and mediate conflicts. Assist in investigation resolution.
- Point of contact for general HR matters for all employees in the region (e.g.: employee relations, payroll, training and recruitment and staffing)
- General payroll duties as assigned
- Provide area managers and employees with guidance and assistance on interpretation and enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Provide support with the development of job description for area positions following company established format
- Responsible for submitting to Houston’s HR department personnel changes on a timely matter (e.g.: salary changes, transfers, terminations, resignations, address changes, etc.)
- Responsible for the timely reporting to Houston HR of Employee Leave of Absences
- Responsible for submitting weekly employee PTO request forms to Houston HR Department
- Responsible for maintaining area new hire packages inventory
- Responsible for ensuring the use of accurate versions of HR related documents by using Documentum
- Plan and coordinate annual employee service award ceremony and luncheon
- General HR administrative duties, i.e., copying, faxing, filing, typing correspondence and mailing documents as required
- Assist with other areas and incoming projects as needed and directed
- 4-6 years' experience in a generalist role; preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws (e.g.: EEOC, FMLA)
- Proficiency in manipulating data to generate reports
- Good presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to management and employees at all levels
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- High level of initiative and personal motivation
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically is required
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- College graduate preferred (Business, HR or related degree); some college and/or attributable experience will be considered
- Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and Visio®)
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.
Superior Energy Services, Inc - 23 months ago