About Surya: Now moving into its 36th year, Surya is an energetic home décor brand that has gained attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessory solutions. Products ranging from area rugs and pillows to poufs and wall art are sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, and interior designers. The company has partnered with renowned designers such as HGTV-personality, Candice Olson to create the most exciting, fashion-forward product range in home accessories today. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company – known for its best-in-class products and solutions-driven customer experience. Surya has been named for two consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
Surya’s HR Generalist guides the recruitment efforts for new and replacement positions at all levels within the organization and administers all daily HR functions. This individual works in conjunction with all departments across the organization – both on staffing-related planning and hiring, and human resources functions, and serve as a resource for managers for job development, interview techniques and applicant screening. The HR Generalist will nurture relationships with prospective talent and handle on-going manager relationships - all while having fun doing it. Surya strives to be one of the most sought after companies to work for, and it will be the responsibility of this person to attract and assist in retaining passionate employees who want be part of the Surya growth story. This person should be motivated by and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up, environment with little structure and posses a ton of initiative and professional drive.
• Facilitate the new hire onboarding process including new hire paperwork, coordinating orientations and trainings
• Plan and execute all employee-centered events/initiatives (employee meetings, breakfasts, teambuilding activities, etc)
• Consult with management on performance concerns, annual reviews, and professional development
• Responds to employee concerns and questions in a timely fashion
• Works closely with upper management in the development and implementation of HR best practices
• Partner with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and develop talent acquisition strategies to acquire high caliber talent across all functional areas
• Manage full life cycle recruitment process to meet various staffing needs
• Work closely with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria
• Actively manage hiring manager and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment cycle
• Develop and maintain career opportunities on Surya.com, LinkedIn, and various other sites
• Manage college internship program, attend career fairs, and perform community outreach to increase candidate pipeline
What You Bring to the Table:
• 3-5 years experience in human resources, staffing/recruitment with the ability to recruit within all levels of the organization – entry to middle management
• 4 year college degree from a recognized university
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the company
• Team-based project management experience with the tenacity and drive to ensure HR projects from conception to completion
• Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle process; experience in mapping and sourcing candidates from various sources
• General HR experience, specifically with employee engagement, retention, benefits, compensation, performance appraisals, and other related functions.
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package, outstanding product discounts, and limitless growth opportunities!
Surya - 14 months ago