This position provides generalist and administrative support to larger (700 + headcount) site leadership and HR management by improving efficiencies and customer support within the site with primary focus on recruitment and retention efforts. Coordinates, trains, and administers human resources programs, processes, activities, and policies for site personnel and participates in the administration of all human resources activities and function. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Yes (See “General Management Duties and Responsibilities” addendum)
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Assists the US Recruitment team with the recruitment, pre- screening and orientation of qualified new employees to meet the needs of the business.
- Acts upon and assists with the thorough and impartial investigation of reported incidents concerning workplace harassment (sexual, ethnic, religious, etc.), discrimination, and/or other alleged illegal activities by employees.
- Assists Site Leadership and HR Management with investigation and resolution of misconduct and/or fraud incidents and other employee relations issues.
- Prepares and processes employee related HR paperwork for functional area according to established procedures.
- Liaison between departments on questions concerning payroll and timekeeping when necessary.
- Support Center's compliance with state/federal employment and benefit laws, HR policies, and the support center's personnel policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assists HR Manager with preparation of terminations, ensure approvals are gained and all exit paperwork including pay is completed.
- Responsible for center's unemployment claims administration and company representation at unemployment compensation hearings.
- Actively participates in the Site Safety Program.
- Maintains records and reports concerning on-the-job injuries and workers compensation.
- Collects and analyzes HR data, and then makes recommendations to management.
- Continually and proactively coaches and counsels the center's management staff on thorough and timely employment record documentation.
- Continually monitors, assesses progress, and recommends or takes action, as necessary, to keep positive perceptions within the center.
- May prepare internal employee communications.
- Responsible for monitoring required management training.
- Supports a union-free environment of positive employee morale, job satisfaction, and positive attitude toward management and its' goals and objectives.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong training and mentoring skills
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office & ADP Global View, a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws & regulations
- Strong understanding of FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and EEO are also required.
- Possesses strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and confidentiality required
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate flexibility
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years HR related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and HR related experience. PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the Sykes Code of Ethics and Standards of Integrity.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sykes is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support and...