Job Title: Human Resources Generalist – HR
Summary: Under direct supervision, provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department to include areas such as on-boarding, classification, compensation, benefits and payroll, equal employment opportunity/affirmative action, employee relations, training and human resources information systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the administration of Company benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, voluntary benefits, group life insurance, and FSA.
• Responds to routine inquiries regarding the application of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
• Receives and distributes employment, payroll, benefits, and other human resources documents. Verifies completeness, accuracy and consistency of data and related reports.
• Distributes on-boarding materials to new hires and process request for additional supplies.
• Assists employees in completing human resources/benefits forms and transactions.
• Assists in coordinating human resources programs such as new hire orientation, employee newsletter, incentives and recognition awards.
• Gathers and consolidates data for reports following general instructions. Prepares correspondence and recurring reports.
• Assists in updating and maintaining human resources files and databases. Reviews and audits data for accuracy. Ensures confidentiality of information as required.
• Assists in developing HR materials.
• Researches and resolves problems related to clerical functions and human resources transactions.
• Reconciles monthly insurance invoices verifying accuracy and consistency of data with all systems.
• Processes the organization’s payroll and evaluates for accuracy, completeness, and conformity with established procedures.
• Operates manual and automated office equipment to prepare and maintain documents and information.
Education: Four year degree required; Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Management is preferred.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible HR experience in the areas of on-boarding, classification, compensation, benefits and payroll administration, training and human resources information systems, which at least 3 years has been spent in a Senior HR position. ADP PayExpert experience preferred.
Clearance: The ability to pass a background check.
Skills: Requires demonstrated, advanced knowledge of general Human Resources principles and practices including those pertaining to compensation, ethics, affirmative action, payroll and benefits administration, with specific knowledge of the current laws and regulations governing these areas. Demonstration of critical thinking and analytical skills is essential. Requires well-developed and highly effective listening, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to receive, process and present both strategic and tactical information to diverse audiences and maintain effective, and; build collaborative relationships with outside organizations, vendors, business leaders, management and staff. Must demonstrate the ability to balance accountability with compassion when interacting with staff at all levels; must demonstrate sensitivity with staff representing all areas of diversity, including race, ethnicity, ability, age, sexual orientation and religious beliefs/faith practices. Demonstrated computer proficiency is a must including experience using MS Office applications and HRIS. This individual must possess the ability to demonstrate flexibility in multi-tasking, manage high demands on their time and changing priorities, meet planned and unplanned deadlines, and have an aptitude for managing detail oriented work.
Benefits - TAPE, LLC offers employees a wide range of quality benefits. Fringe benefits such as Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance and Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance are offered with the company paying all or some of the cost of those benefits. Voluntary benefits such as Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, 401K, Ortho Discount Plan, and additional Life Insurance are also offered at the cost of the employee. TAPE also offers additional benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, employee assistance programs, vacation, sick leave, and ten paid holidays per year.
Salary Range: Up to $55K
Technical and Project Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Known for its systems engineering expertise, TAPE provides technological, management/program support, and training solutions to government...