Tekserve has been the leader in finding useful and innovative products and quick and efficient computer service for over 20 years. We are excited about the explosive growth of Apple Computers and are committed to outfit our clients with the best gear, support their machines with quick response, and dazzle them with flawless customer service.
There are important team members that carry out their quiet excellence in the background. One of these people is the Human Resources Gerneralist. The HR Generalist assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee on-boarding, benefits administration, organizational development, and employment.
Competencies and experience
- Payroll processing
- Employee new hire orientation and continued relations
- Assist in the coordination of benefits administration
- Oversee employee food program
- Maintain compliance with regulatory reporting
- Maintain HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce
- The HR Generalist coordinates and completes all HR related tasks as required by the HR Director
- Implementation of services, policies and programs, reports to the HR Director, and assists company management with HR issues
- Requires a bachelors degree in Human Resources or 3+ years in Human Resources experience
- Proactively manage compliance of all NYS, local and federal laws
- Proficient in Paychex Preview
- Knowledgeable on Paychex HR Online and Benetrac
- Advanced Excel experience
- Ensures consistency with company policies and procedures
- Prior experience handling Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Workers Comp claims
- Familiar with Transitchek program
- Must have advanced administrative, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Skills with Apple technologies is a plus
- Dependability and exemplary ethical work habits are required
We will compensate you at a competitive salaried rate. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick days and gym discount/reimbursement.
Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.
Tekserve - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard