The HR Generalist for The Daily Beast Company LLC is a critical position that will have a focus on guild-related responsibilities, in addition to compliance, payroll notifications, coordination of labor relations, some recruitment, and related HR requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, assertive, forward-thinker who loves a challenge, and will bring the skills and know-how to make an instant impact.
- Manage company’s day-to-day relationship with Guild.
- Maintain editorial department employee tracking for compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Communicate with Guild regarding changes to employee details.
- Answer various employee questions related to CBA terms such as time off, various pay requirements, etc.
- Perform general HR responsibilities including but not limited to employee relations, compliance, training, and performance management.
- Process New Hire, Pay Change, Termination and related notifications to payroll.
- Manage temporary service vendors and responsible for temporary employee and intern requests.
- Assist with the hands-on recruitment process, and help develop accurate job descriptions and salary ranges.
- Source applicants utilizing methods to obtain resumes of candidates with appropriate skills and qualifications.
- Complete background and reference checks on all candidates prior to hire.
- Complete exit interviews to identify trends and measure and track turnover data.
- Assist in other HR projects as needed.
- Create reports and presentations, as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, Human Resource Management preferred.
- 5+ years progressive HR experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong labor relations background in a unionized work environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and possess HRIS and ATS experience.
- Experience working in media industry preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Intellectual and emotional maturity a must.
- Demonstrated experience working with clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent relationship building skills, and the desire to provide exceptional customer service.