We Have Something Special Inside, Do You . . .?
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing HR support to the West Jordan Plant. This role will be focused primarily on driving the employee engagement and community/social responsibility strategies for the facility. The role will also support day-to-day labor and employee relations for the Management and Bargaining Unit populations on site.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Develop and promote two way communication mechanisms for the workforce to influence and promote exceptional employee engagement
- Drive people processes to ensure alignment with organizational goals
- Develop relationships with local community leaders and businesses to drive Dannon’s Community & Social Responsibility strategies
- Drive continuous improvement and change management throughout the organization
- Manage projects as necessary and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Coach, counsel, and guide managers in effective employee relations
- Support the HR Manager with the administration and interpretation of labor agreements by: administering the grievance procedure; acting as a liaison between department managers and union representatives; providing advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws; administering unemployment insurance processes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in HR, Labor Relations, Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Manufacturing/CPG experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Ability to work “off-hours” as necessary
- Exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business along with a passion for relationship building
- Proven ability to influence others and reach agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Proven ability to make decisive and sound judgments consistent with company culture and applicable laws
- Experience in project management, resource management, and strategic planning
- A desire to lead groups, drive results and challenge the status quo
The Dannon Company, one of the fastest growing consumer product companies in the US, is part of Groupe Danone, a world leader in the food and beverage industry. Established in the US in 1942, DANNON is America’s premier fresh dairy company offering consumers a wide variety of brands and products. We are committed to bringing health to the greatest number of people across America through our product’s benefits. Our corporate culture and core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and teamwork. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our products, our way of doing business and our relationships with the wider world. Most of all you can see it reflected in our culture and our people. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more. Stay updated with our latest job opportunities: Follow us on Facebook, http://on.fb.me/dannon-jobs
The Dannon Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Dannon Company strives to help people grow, live better and get more out of life through tastier, more varied and nutritional food...