Are you our next HR Generalist?
We are currently seeking an HR Generalist for our Carlsbad, NM location. As a business partner and an extension of the overall Human Resources Team, the Human Resources Generalist will work with People Leaders and employees to provide a culture that supports innovation and continuous improvement. This person will provide HR consultative and business focused services to People Leaders and employees, which will include labor and employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee orientation, training and development, regulatory compliance, policy/procedure administration, change management, succession planning, employee health and safety, and day-to-day HR support. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist will partner with HR Service Delivery and HR Specialists in the development and delivery of initiatives that support Mosaic's overall strategic direction and changing business needs.
What will you do?
- HR Services: Coordinate the effective and efficient delivery of day-to-day HR Services including: compensation, training and development, performance management, employee relations/investigations, communication, relocation etc. Facilitate improved performance, apply HR operating principles and make recommendations regarding organization structure, policies and procedures, statutory and legal requirements. Facilitate the administration of policies and procedures relating to all phases of HR. Ensure that the local administration of HR plans is managed in accordance with Mosaic’s written standards and procedures. Liaison with HR specialists and HR Service Delivery as appropriate. Employ a variety of communication strategies to ensure this workforce is receiving information in a timely and effective manner.
- HR Strategy: Participate in the execution of enterprise-wide HR initiatives and functions. Work in collaboration with HR Specialists to implement and administer HR projects, including affirmative action plans, attracting top talent, payroll and benefits administration.
- HR Business Partner: Actively contributes to the delivery, communication, and measurement of short- and long-term business strategies and plans in alignment with the broader delivery of enterprise-wide HR programs and functions, including employee engagement, workforce planning, talent management, leadership development, career management, people leader effectiveness, and other people development initiatives.
- Labor Relations: Maintains working relationship with Union officials and adheres to terms of the collective bargaining agreement by monitoring day-to-day implementation of the agreement concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Miscellaneous job duties and projects as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Major in Human Resource Management or Business preferred.
- 3+ years of human resources experience, including experience with employee relations issues, regulatory compliance, policy administration and employee engagement.
- For those candidates without a degree, 6+ years of relevant HR experience is required.
- Strong understanding of U.S. employment laws and practices.
- Proven business partnering, strategic planning and consultative skills.
- Understanding of change management principles and practical change management.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative HR, HR operating principles, internal and external customer needs, and continuous improvement.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with Peoplefluent and HRIS systems preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills, including excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching, influencing and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills are required.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups towards consensus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business acumen
- Skilled in building trust and credibility through collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Builds a culture of innovation by creating an environment that is accepting of new ideas and rewards creative thinking
- Possesses an unwavering commitment to employee safety and environmental awareness.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature, lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally, climb stairs and work at various heights, distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials, travel unassisted, wear a respirator, use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less, see with or without correction, hear with or without correction, read, write, and understand basic English.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Mosaic Company - 24 months ago
The Mosaic Company (Mosaic) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture...